Yesterday I found myself at Sofie and PJ’s watching GBBO live, as you do on a perfectly normal Tuesday evening. Watching GBBO together has sort of become a thing for us Brighton dwellers at this point. Felix and Marzia, as well as Crabstickz, all came over and we had an all around great evening. We where just chatting about the good things in life when suddenly, in the late evening after everyone had gone home, Sofie and I found ourselves going down a music nostalgia road of old indie rock from the 2000’s. I never knew we had the same taste in old obscure indie music but as we went down this journey together, it soon became clear that this friendship had deepened on a whole new level! To celebrate this, I thought I would make a small playlist with all of my favorite songs from that time. I understand that everyone’s taste is different, especially when it comes to music but you might find something on this list, that you perhaps hadn’t heard off before and maybe it’ll broaden your music horizon just a tiny bit? That’s the hope anyway! Please enjoy this assortment of songs that I was, and still very much am, absolutely crazy about!
Now I don’t know a good way to go about making a public playlist but I will do my best to get one up and running as soon as possible. For now, this post is going to be very experimental but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!
- Phoenix – If I ever Feel Better.
- The Black Keys – Lonely Boy.
- Passion Pit – Take A Walk.
- Two Door Cinema Club – Undercover Martyn.
- John Grant – GMF.
- Cage The Elephant – Come A Little Closer.
- Of Monsters And Men – Little Talks.
- The Black Keys – Little Black Submarine.
- MGMT – Kids.
- Kaiser Chiefs – Ruby.
- The Kooks – She Moves In Her Own Way.
- Cage The Elephant – Shake Me Down.
- Bombay Bicycle Club – You Already Know.
- The Black Keys – Tighten Up.
- MGMT – Electric Feel.
- Passion Pit – Little Secrets.
- John Grant – Pale Green Ghosts.
- Cage The Elephant – Cigarette Daydreams.
- Vampire Weekend – A-Punk.
- The Black Keys – Gold On The Ceiling.
- Cage The Elephant – Spiderhead.
- Two Door Cinema Club – What You Know.
- Bombay Bicycle Club – Always Like This.
- The Black Keys – Fever.
- Cage The Elephant – Telescope.
You can now support my blog on KO-FI by buying me a cup of coffee!